I'm joining STOMP Out Bullying in observing National Bullying Prevention Month! The goal is to encourage communities to work together to stop bullying and cyber-bullying and increase awareness of how common bullying is and its impact on people of all ages.
Here are a few anti-bullying suggestions:
* Make friends with someone you don't know at school (or at work). Don't let anyone feel isolated.
* Stand up for others. When you see someone being bullied, be brave and stand up for them. If you don't feel safe, get and adult to help. Be part of the solution, not the problem!
* Create positive messages on post-its and hand them out to students at school (or put them on students' lockers.
* Try to perform an act of kindness every day.
* Visit STOMP Out Bullying for more information and suggestions!